So last week, one of my dedicated readers, Elissa of Embracing My Inner Ginger, nominated me for the Blogger Award. I’ve always been so grateful when I received these nominations with my past blogs and now, I am honored to receive my very first one for this site so a big shout out to Elissa who is always so engaging on this blog and writes a wonderful blog that you all should check out HERE!
Of course, like with most blog awards, there are rules so without further adieu, here they are:
-Tag the blogger that nominated you
-Answer the questions you were given
-Nominate 10 bloggers
-Name questions for your nominees to answer
-Inform the bloggers you chose that you nominated them!
So first things first, here are my answers to Elissa’s questions:
1. What music/musician do you find most influential in your life and why? Ugh… this is too hard to answer with one person. Music inspires me too much to pick just one musician. I guess I will say any musician that comes from an authentic place inspires me the most. Hell, even when it’s not all the way authentic, that dynamic can inspire me in a strange way. I may have to just write a post about this. lol I’ll say that there are too many to list. So many artists came with their music and touched me in a deep way creatively, personally and emotionally.
2. Do you have a favorite song and why? Adore by Prince is my favorite song. This song wasn’t always my favorite but at this moment, I can say that that is one of the most intricate, beautiful, heartfelt love songs I’ve ever heard from his gorgeous vocals to the timeless music to the raw lyrics. It just melts this romantic’s heart.
3. If you could meet one artist (dead or alive) who would it be and why? I can’t pick just one. I will have to say Tupac and Michael Jackson. I am so curious about both of them and I would love to sit down with both of them and pick their brilliant minds.
4. What current song would describe your life today? Closer by Goapele
5 What is a song you would consider timeless? Send One Your Love by Stevie Wonder
6 Do you have a favorite workout song? Or a song that motivates you in some way? When I’m walking on the treadmill, I love listening to Mary Mary’s Walking. How appropriate right? lol
Below are my nominations for this award. This doesn’t represent all my favorite bloggers. These are just some of the bloggers who have been with me for years through all my blogs and some other bloggers who are new to me but have been so supportive and engaging on this blog. I am truly grateful for all of them and of course, all of you, who are reading this right now!
1. Russ of A Grateful Man
2. Shian of Write Shian Write
3. Relando of Notes from an Aspiring Humanitarian (N.A.H.)
4. Claire of Awkwardly Black…Oh and Gay
5. Megan of I Am Megan Ambers
6. Sheila of LaCartera Designs
7. Nisha of Paramour in Waiting
8. Kristina of Visionarie Kindness
9. Eve of Eve Messenger
10. Shun of Shun P. Writes
Here are my questions for my nominees which are based on my five sections of this blog:
1. Are you inspired by any music artists for your creative works? If so, who are they?
2. What is one topic that you wish more people would talk about in society? And why?
3. What is the best piece of wisdom you have received in your life?
4. Name your top 3 TV shows ever.
5. Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what is it?
Alright that’s it for this Freestyle Friday! By the way, why is it nominations? Can’t we just say that they are all winners of this award? Yup, it’s my blog and I can do that so guess what bloggers, you all have won blogger awards from me to you because you are all dope as hell! Congratulations! 🙂